ShareASale Integration Guide
ShareASale Integration Guide for WooCommerce / Shopify / BigCommerce
Selling your eCommerce products through affiliate marketing is one sure way to gain customers
ShareASale Feed Creation Process
Follow the steps below to configure the ExportFeed plugin and generate your first data feed.
If you haven’t already,
– Make sure you have created your merchant account for ShareASale.
– Make sure you have running website in one of our supported platforms.
– Make sure you have our plugin installed on your website.
Feed Creation Process
To start creating feeds, from the WordPress Admin’s left navigation bar click ProductFeed.
1. Create Feeds Page
2. Select Merchant Type
Choose a merchant type from the drop down list. In this example we use ShareAsale. Please see a full list of our support channels
* Please note depending on the Merchant selected, you may be required to choose a category or template first.
* A second “Required Attribute” box will appear below. If you do not see this, please see our FAQ
3. Mapping Required Attributes
- Mapping your local (WooCommerce, WP e-commerce, VirteMart) attributes or setting static values for required merchant fields is the most important step in creating successful data feeds.
- The plugin automatically detects and maps most of your local attributes (title, description & images for example), but in some cases manual mapping is required (size, gender, colour). Continue on to step 5 and generate a feed. Return to this step if you are missing any attributes or values.
- To meet Merchant requirements, you will first create local attributes (if you haven’t already) and then map them to Merchant ones.
Each Merchant has their own strict set of required attributes – they are shown in the plugin’s attribute table (below screenshot).
You can also see required attributes here.
5. Enter Merchant ID in Advance command
Your merchant id is one of the crucial information that needs to be sent to ShareASale for uniquely identifying products as yours. For this you need to enter your ShareASale seller id while creating your feed through the Advanced command section.
4. Select the WooCommerce Category/Categories you wish to export.
Note that selecting a parent category automatically includes all of it’s child categories!
Click the field beside “WooCommerce Category” to select from a list of WooCommerce categories (1). A small box will appear with a list of categories to export (2). If you do not see anything, please see FAQ – No Categories .
6. Select the Merchant Category or Template
Start typing a category that closely matches your products. For a list of categories, see Merchant Category Lists
7. Name Your Feed
To easily manage your feeds (view/edit/delete) later, enter a name for your feed. Generated feeds can be found from ProductFeed > Manage Feeds.
Generate the data feed by clicking “Get Feed”. A new window will contain your products in XML, CSV or TXT format. Ensure that your browser allows pop-ups from your website.
- To view your XML feed: right-click and select ‘view page source’
- To view a CSV or TXT feed: save the feed (ctrl+s or cmd+s) and open the file via a spreadsheet software (Excel)
9.Submit your feed
- Start feed upload process by logging to ShareASale Merchant account from here.
- after getting in, go to creatives > data feed >
- Upload new data feed