Before starting on the Shopify Amazon Integration, let’s recap some of the basics about the Shopify and Amazon platforms.
Shopify is a great hosted platform to start your eCommerce site. It has provided a free trial in order to let you to check if it meets your needs. So, if you haven’t checked how this platform facilitates your eCommerce store needs, you can start your Shopify trial from here.
Shopify also facilitates features addition on websites through the Shopify App Store where many developers have listed their free and premium apps. You can s even for Shopify Amazon Integration.
There are wide variety of marketing apps on Shopify App Store. To add some specific functionality on your site, you can easily visit Shopify App Store from your Shopify Dashboard and search for that feature. Among the Amazon marketplace integration apps, we have also listed our Shopify Amazon App.
About the Giant Amazon Marketplace & Benefits that it Offers…
Amazon is the top eCommerce merchant till date and it offers the retailers to sell your products too. Millions of visitors of Amazon shop each day and the product that they purchase is listed by other sellers. In order to sell on Amazon, the seller should have a personal or professional seller account.
Why are so many people attracted to sell on Amazon?
- Targeted Market Reach
- Comparison Shopping Benefits
- A wide range of products
- Number of loyal Amazon Customers
- Optimized for Conversion
- Affiliate Marketing plans
- Growth Opportunities and more
Brief on Amazon Marketing Strategies
Amazon had initially started from a platform to sell books but now it’s the leader in eCommerce industry with a product range that envelopes the need of every Amazon visitor. The initial marketing strategy of Amazon was based on RACE – Reach, Act, Convert and Engage. This can be the base marketing formula for every Shopify shop owner.
Amazon focuses its research and analysis on developing more experiments in order to increase conversion based on user’s buying behavior. Mostly the segmentation is based on demographics and psychographic data. That’s the key point which has helped Amazon to increase the conversion.
Some of the strengths of Amazon are:
- A wide range of product categories and a strong background
- Focus on customer experience even after purchase
- Leadership on product cost through vendor partnership
- Fast delivery of sold products while maintaining expectations
- Effective implementation of Go Global Act Local concept
How do Shopify retailers benefit from Amazon marketing strategies?
Though Amazon has grown to become the largest eCommerce platform that exists with their research, expansion and acquisition strategies, it also supports the retailers trying to grow their sales. Any personal finance instructor will add “selling on Amazon” to their DIY finance tip and those who are technologically aware will add “start a Shopify store” to that as well. But what’s the reason behind this tip? Does Shopify Amazon Integration really help to increase the personal finance or is it just an easy tip? Let’s take a quick look.
- Shopify is a hosted eCommerce platform so anyone can create and start selling products without facing technical hassle.
- Bringing visitors to the site and optimizing for conversion takes time and effort so listing on Amazon is an easy way to take the products to where the shoppers are.
- Amazon is a site with millions of visitors and it is optimized for conversion so even with a little marketing knowledge, you are more sooner than later able to sell your products.
- The more products you list on Amazon in the same niche, the higher your chances are of becoming a successful seller.
- And there are a lot of benefits for high rated sellers like their products appear at the top of Amazon search so they can sell and keep growing Shopify to Amazon revenue scale in the long term.
- Amazon also offers an affiliate program. This means that the affiliates market the products that retailers list on Amazon for a specific commission amount.
The requirements for integration to gain profits through Amazon
Shopify Amazon Integration can be as simple or as complex as it can get depending on your choice of tools. If you start to manually integrate the products, your efficiency and effectiveness of your actions are entirely based on you. But there are some tools that can quickly help you to hack such as ExportFeed by streamlining the processes and ensuring effective Shopify to Amazon integration.
- A professional seller account on Amazon: There are two types of seller accounts offered by Amazon. The personal seller account and the professional seller account. Individual seller account is charged .95 cent extra as compared to the business seller account.
- Complete Information about the products you’re selling on Shopify store: The manufacturer brand, the color, size and other product attributes that you have in your store are the information required. And more importantly, for your seamless Amazon integration, you will need to have the UPC or ASIN codes for your products. But if you don’t have them, check if you can apply for an exemption. Also, make sure that the stock levels in your Shopify present the correct values.
- A tool that can grab product information and sync Shopify Store with Amazon: For this, we have offered Shopify Amazon App in the Shopify App Store. By installing this app, you can sync your products with our cloud server and perform complex feed operations easily.
Amazon Seller Best Practices
After Shopify Amazon Integration, you will need to know how successful sellers on Amazon operate their business. But generalizing the points, it will come up to following the guidelines provided by Amazon itself. The recommendations by Amazon can be summarized as:
- Follow the Amazon Seller rules religiously
- Appropriate use of Product title, description, and images.
- Quick service to dispatch the products
- Obtain genuine reviews from the buyers
- Offer free shipping as far as possible
- Use a single Amazon Seller account as far as possible
- Make a plan to start selling a new product
- Analyze the Amazon market to find high selling niche
- Try out new technologies like Amazon Re-pricer tool
There are other best practices, tips, tricks and techniques too, that include feed optimization while creating your product feed through Shopify Amazon App from ExportFeed through the use of advanced commands. And if you have any questions regarding the Advanced Commands of ExportFeed, you can always contact our support for that or to start your Shopify Amazon Integration also.