Placing your products for sale on Amazon definitely a lucrative way for eCommerce promotion. However, when you are selling a bulk amount of products you will want to use the tools that help you to save time and reduce errors. Amazon feed creation and listing tools help you to a great extent for that. But even while using these tools, you may get the feed error reports from Amazon.
Let’s take a look into these common type of errors.
Selecting the Wrong template
You need to use specified Amazon feed template for the specific type of products. And according to these products, the required attributes vary. Missing to provide a value for these type of attributes will only slow down your listing process pushing it back to the start.
Amazon offers to sell a wide range of products and the product feed templates are provided according to that. But that is just one way of differentiating the templates. Another matrix forms when you are selecting the Amazon marketplace for specific location or country. Selecting the wrong template is not so common when you are using standard feed management tools.
Missing product Attributes
According to experts not entering the required attributes will completely halt the listing process whereas providing the values for optional attributes will increase your sales on Amazon.
Let’s look at the required Attributes in General:
- SKU – Stock Keeping Unit or SKU is the key identifier for products in most of the marketplaces and comparison shopping engines too. However, some of the eCommerce platforms do not make the SKU value mandatory or automatically add it and this problem arises. While adding products to your site, we highly recommend you to add SKU values to avoid this problem.
- Title – The product title uniquely identifies your products. A standard process of creating title is to include the product name, brand, model number and other attributes like color or gender. The error that comes up regarding title can be exceeding the limit of 200 characters or add promotional messages. While crafting your title, we recommend you to be thoughtful of the A9 algorithm as well.
- Item Type – Missing to add item type is another common cause for rejection of the submitted feed. This mostly occurs when your eCommerce site is based on a particular niche and item type is obvious for it. While sending a feed to Amazon it is not an option and even to clarify more, item type and browse node recommendation may also be necessary.
- Brand Name & Manufacturer: This is one of the most common errors while submitting product feed on Amazon. It is efficient when you add these values when you are listing your products on your own site. About selling private label products, you may want to present the brand name exactly as you have displayed in your site or supply your business name as the brand attribute.
- Quantity: If you are the manufacturer or have a constant supply of the products that you are selling from your eCommerce site, you may have “In-Stock” defined for those products. This is not accepted by Amazon for a stock quantity. You will need to have a numeric value. Also, before creating the feed, make sure that you don’t include negative numbers as your stock quantity – someone may have placed a pre-order!
- Product Id: A product is identified on Amazon in general by using the UPC / EAN / ASIN value. UPC or Unique Product Identifier is a required attribute when listing your products on any of the Amazon marketplaces. For products that are already listed on Amazon, you will be able to provide the UPC value but for those products that are not previously listed, you may request for a UPC or GTIN exemption. One common way for UPC exemption is creating a brand on Amazon.
Missing Variations Attributes
Not all of the feed management tools available in the market offer to list the variations of your products in Amazon, however, ExportFeed does. But, sometimes, we have found that the attributes like SKU, title, and others are missing on the variation. This causes the product feed to be rejected and you have to start the process all over again in normal case. But, if you are using ExportFeed, you can use the advanced command to make the correction in your product feed by setting different rules for that specific feed.
There are other reasons too which causes errors in your feed submission on Amazon and if you ever face those other than listed in this post, please feel free to contact our friendly support team.