The plugin will generate a tab delimited CSV file (the required format for some merchants). To edit the file yourself, first save the file to your local hard drive. Open the file in a text editor and copy/paste all contents into a spreadsheet. Afterwards you will be able to edit and enter any missing values. Lastly, save the file as a tab delimited text file so it’s ready for upload.
1. Save the CSV file
– Immediately after generating a feed you’ll be prompted to save the csv file
– Alternatively, under the Manage Feeds page, “view” the csv to download
2. Open the saved file in any text editor.
Using a text editor will prevent the data from being incorrectly formatted (by a spreadsheet software for example)
3. Select all (ctrl+A or cmd+A) contents and copy to clipboard (ctrl+c or cmd+c)
4. Paste the contents into a spreadsheet software (MS Excel) for editing
Note: If you see extra (blank) lines after pasting, follow these steps to remove them:
- Select the entire first column (usually by clicking the A column)
- Click “Edit” and then “Go To…”
- In a window that appears, click “Special…”
- Select “Blanks” then hit OK
- Click “Edit” and then “Delete…”
- Select “Entire row” and hit OK.
Your Feed/CSV file can now be easily modified.
5. After completing your changes, you will need to save your file in “Tab Delimited” (text) format.