This page explains how to configure the Cart Product Feed plugin to generate your first data feed.
*Note: Steps here are similar across all Merchants
1. Create Feeds Page
To start creating feeds, from the WordPress Admin’s left navigation bar click CartProductFeed.
2. Enter Valid License Key
Skip this step to continue using the product for free – some restrictions
If you’ve purchased a license key from our shoppingcartproductfeed.com website, enter it’s entirety (including the “Single-” or “5DayTrial-” text) into the field and click “Save Key”.
3. Select Merchant Type
Choose a merchant type from the drop down list. In this example we use Google Merchant. Please see a full list of our support channels
* A second “Export” box will appear below. If you do not see this, please see our FAQ
4. Attribute Mapping
- Please do not skip this step. Mapping your store’s attributes or setting valid values for required merchant fields is the most important step in creating successful data feeds.
- Each Merchant has their own strict set of required attributes – they are shown in the plugin’s attribute table once you select a Merchant Type (attached screenshot). You can also see required attributes here.
- To meet these requirements, you will need to create attributes (if you haven’t already) and then map your attributes to Merchant ones.
WP e-Commerce Variations/Attributes are created via Products > Variations. You can also map attributes using the Advanced Command box.
5. Select the WP e-Commerce Category/Categories you wish to export.
Click the field beside “WP e-Commerce Category” to select from a list of WP e-Commerce categories (1.). A small box will appear with a list of categories to export (2.). Please note that the parent category automatically includes all it’s child categories. If you do not see anything, please see FAQ – No Categories .
Select the WC Categories to export. Categories are created from Products > Variations and must be attached to each exported product.
6. Select the Merchant Category or Template (Amazon)
Start typing a category that closely matches your products. For a list of categories, see Merchant Category Lists
7. Name Your Feed
To easily manage your feeds (view/edit/delete) later, enter a file name. Generated feeds can be found from CartProductFeeds > Manage Feeds
8. Get Feed
Generate the data feed by clicking “Get Feed”. A new window will contain your products in XML/CSV format. Ensure that your browser allows pop-ups from your website.
9. Submit your feed
Submit the feed URL or upload to Google Merchant, Amazon Seller Central, Bing Product Ads and more…